Tuesday 26 May 2015

Take a breather

I have been posting every day now since 21 April so maybe you are ready to take a break.

I am away for a week in Edinburgh so no physical work being done on Dalton House. Note I said 'physical'.... so I doubt I will be posting for a whole week or more.

During the week I hope to check out The Museum of Childhood as they have a dollshouse or two I think (!)  There is also a large model shop - Wonderland Models - which is probably no use for me for their dolls house materials but sometimes in model shops you come across useful stuff.

 I want to go round Gladstones Land.  This is actually too early for me - 16th century but I want to see it.

The definite 'hit' and main attraction will be Edinburgh's Georgian 'New Town and a tour of the Georgian House.  I have a huge list of things to check out in terms of fine detail.  Every time I get stuck on something I try to make a note of it so if I can get to a real place I can find the answer.  For example how did bell pulls 'appear' in a room - through a ceiling or wall? on a chain or a rod or invisible workings? .... and a ton of other questions.

Look out for a load of chatter and photos when I return.

2 comments:

  1. We can never have too many "progress reports" (at least as far as I am concerned) but hopefully you will enjoy your week away from Dalton House and return bursting with new ideas for it. With any luck it'll be sunny for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene. Tuesday and not a drop of rain so far. Just had the best of times at The Georgian House. Also managed to do the Museum of Childhood and their dolls houses. Maybe visit your 'land' on Thursday. So much to do, so little time.
      Marilyn

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.