Saturday 10 September 2016

Tiles for hall floor

I bought my tiles for the hall a long time ago from another favourite vendor.  He sells lovely materials at a great price and is super-helpful - Dolls House Tiles (just click on the name).

They are a very thin accurately cut laminate which give a great marble finish.  You decide on the pattern you want.  I do that by playing around with ideas on some on graph paper.  I have a very small hall so it demanded utmost simplicity, but the tiling world is your oyster if you so wish.  What you need is easy to calculate and the vendor will help if you are struggling with something - he also is happy to do bespoke.

It is then as simple as sticking them down with PVA.




I left a hefty book on mine overnight (on non stick paper) to make sure they were as flat as a pancake.



So easy and a great result.



14 comments:

  1. Just the job Marilyn, and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Em! I love not only the color but the way in which you've laid the pattern. It looks very Beautiful not to mention- POSH! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Elizabeth some of the layouts you can do with his stuff are just wondeful but I only had a small space. M

      Delete
  3. oooooh, the tiles look fab! Your blog always gives me lots of ideas to try out in the future LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope that's true. Thank you. These tiles are lovely and so easy to use. Marilyn

      Delete
  4. Hello Marilyn,
    That floor is just beautiful. I love the tiles you chose. Thank you for the link to Doll's House Tiles.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac. The tile man is excellent and I think he does wood flooring too. Best of all he is happy to help and will cut what you want. Marilyn

      Delete
  5. Hi Marilyn,
    So white glue, no grout and no varnishing? I'm in! I am envious of all of the dollhouse options there are across the pond! And you pick really great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Correct on all counts.....bing, bang, bosh, job done and a good selection of colours and shapes and sizes. Probably not cost too much to mail across the water? Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cost? Who cares about cost? We're building our dreams here, right? :O)

      I love having better and different options, and regularly receive packages courtesy of the reliable Royal Mail Service! Thanks for sharing the excellent resources!

      Delete
    2. I seem to have different values for money in my head depending on what I am spending it on. Can spend easily on friends and family but skinny with myself and will hunt down the best bargain for my real life home because I wouldn't spend more than I need on things for that BUT....minis.....somehow some times I think paying over the odds for tiny things is just fine. Marilyn

      Delete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.