Saturday 10 February 2018

I am still here!!

..... you couldn't make it up.

I haven't been well for over a year without any definitive diagnosis and certainly no treatment.  Last weekend I had a different and severe pain and ended up in a surgical triage unit.  I began with a diagnosis of a gall bladder problem and ended up with a probable broken rib conclusion!!!  Whatever it is, after four days of messing about we found ourselves sitting in a hospital waiting room on the morning of our flight so, instead of being in glorious sunshine right now we are still here.

The holiday was going to do many things - the main one being an opportunity to meet my son and his family who live in Canada but are holidaying in Fort Myers.  We were also spendng a week with some friends back in Naples where we had a condo for fiteen year.  That week also included catching up with folk we knew there and, more relevant to this mini blog, we were taking in a terrific mini show over a weekend in Orlando.

I have saved all my pennies and skipped a show or two over here as I wanted to have a binge at a really large American show.  I have been to it a couple of times so I know it is well worth the trip and the wait.

You might think that this hiatus does, at least, gives us more breathing space for our impending move but, guess what, the builders have now pushed back the date by a couple of weeks so we are now pretty much twiddling our thumbs.  We had made a huge push to get everything done before we left for our holidays.

On the mini front I have  already stripped and packed away much of my workroom so I can't crack on  out there with anything.  My absence from the game has also been extended.

Having said all that, don't worry, stuff is mainly positive here now the intial disappointment is over and it is just a case of accepting it and cracking on.

Thank you all for your good wishes.  I hope to stop by and share the mini part of the move with you as I bowl along.  This blog is sort of my diary for my mini life so it seems legitimate that a little bit of real life is allowed in now and then.

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope the diagnosis will allow you to heal and be well. Moving is an endurance test. We miss your lively input :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See it as a break from my wittering for a while and enjoy the peace😀

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to feeling better and get a conclusive diagnosis. Nothing worse than doctors who think they're geniuses dithering about what could possibly be the problem.

    Maybe binge watch a tv show you never thought you'd have time to watch? I hope you can salvage some of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think we out too muech faith in doctors and forget they are flawed like the rest of us. They set off on their own particular speciality and they are utterly blinkered to the bigger picture. I need House! Afraid the vacation is scuppered, it is too late to meet my son and family so the rest is not so important. Not fit enough yet to travel any way.

      Delete
  3. Well, nothing ever goes to plan does it?? I can imagine how disappointed you are about missing your holiday, after so much planning and anticipation. Is it possible to go a little later? Sending good vibes that the builders get finished quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. I am astonished I can reach a ripe old age and still think I can control life! Doubt I will ever learn to just 'accept'. Too late to mend the holiday and not well enough any way so strike that and look to getting the moving home done and dusted. Keep sending those vibes, just need ro be on our way now. Marilyn

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear of your crushed plans and recent health issues. Challenging for sure. In your last post it sounded like you had planned on being over here for the month of February but I could be wrong. There are still several weeks left in the month. Any chance of salvaging some of the lost vacation? At any rate I wish nothing but the very best for you. Take care! Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth. Nah, sadly too late now to catch up with my son and still not well enough any way and risky to go like this as our travel insurance wouldn't cover me if I got worse over there, so best to resign myself to it. Just now have too much time before the move! From the sublime to the ridiculous. That's life. M

      Delete
  5. So sorry! Hope you feel better soon, and that you will be doubly rewarded after your disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.